This site is owned and operated by Gabrielle Izen
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights which we will endeavour to uphold;
1. The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
2. The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
3. The right to have your personal data rectified if any of it held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to be forgotten - the right to ask us to delete or dispose of your personal data that we have.
5. The right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal data.
6. The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
7. The right to data portability. This means if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
8. Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What data do you collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all of the following data;
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Business name
• Payment information
• Information about your preferences and interests
• IP address
• Web browser type and version
• Operating system
• A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
How do you use my personal data?
Under GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because of fulfiling a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for any of the following purposes;
• Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
• Communicating with you. This includes responding to emails or phone calls from you.
• Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of correspondence and following the instructions given; or by contacting us and asking to be removed from our mailing list.
• With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
How long will you keep my personal data?
Personal data will be kept for a no-fixed period and reviewed annually. The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data we;
• Maintain all personal data on password protected systems and devices
• Ensure all devices have a full encrypted protection.
• Only use third party services that are GDPR compliant.
Do you share my personal data?
We will contract with the third parties to supply certain services. These include payment processing, delivery and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all your personal data that we hold. This currently includes PayPal and Shopify’s payment gateway.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
Can I withhold information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How can I access my personal data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent via the contact page on this website.
How do I contact Gabrielle Izen Design?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please either use the contact details provided above or directly via the Contact form.
We may store information about you using cookies. These are small text files which are sent by us to your computer or other devices which we can access when you visit our site in future.
They allow us to give you the best browsing experience and help us to understand how you use our site, and which parts of the site you find most useful or interesting, as well as recognising you each time you visit our site.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
Information on cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Updated May 2019